Saturday, July 5, 2008

July brings a new addition to our family....

and my allbluezoo becomes "bluer"! I made that up. We became the new "people" for a gorgeous beagle mix pup this month! His name is Scooby (big surprise for those of you who know Pookins!) I wanted to call him Indiana and was out-voted :( Here's a picture of our new little guy



ain't he cute? We installed a doggie door into our sliding patio door...OMG it is hysterical to see him try to get his hiney through that thing! Makes me have to pee just thinking about it I laugh so hard!

For the 4th of July we hosted a BBQ at our house; you know the kind that your spouse tells you about the day before you are hosting it?! Yeah, that one! Anyway, it was successful, there was much food, drink and fun. The kids were in and out of the pool ALL afternoon and later in the evening the adults had a round of "Scene It!" DVD game.

The "little 'uns" doing ROUND 1 tequila shots



ALERT: Danielle, I hope it is okay to put this picture of your daughter up...you can't see her face. I just love this picture for some reason; the ribbons with askew pigtails and that red hair!


My friend Katie (Pass the Chopsticks) moved to Japan about a month ago and her husband Bob is in town for work and came over to celebrate the 4OJ with us; L-R Bob, me and DevilDoc.


When Magoo wasn't in the pool he was eating something. This is one of those cupcakes from Costco...the ones as big as an infant's head with enough icing to turn a normal sized person hyperglycemic! I usually have to cut them in fourths because I just CANNOT eat a whole one in a sitting; they are GINORMOUS (another made up word?)



Our friend Danielle brought her teacup Chihuahua "Tinkerbell" over. OMG, you have never seen a dog so small! Pookins was carrying her around inside his shirt with her little head poking out between the buttons, DevilDoc put her in the cargo pocket of his shorts...heck, Danielle brought inside a little tiny Dooney & Bourke purse! I just couldn't resist this picture; Bob was the only one wearing a shirt with a pocket :)



And of course, saving the best for last. I went up to our catwalk to take a picture of the "Scene It!" action and got this shot. Let me say, I DID NOT know that Angela (far right side) was just inside the frame passed out on the floor, LOL! But, it is a true testament to our day...the kids are all still playing while the adults are on the downswing!


I hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th of July. Thank you to all the men and women who serve or HAVE served our country. Special thoughts for DevilDocs brother-in-law; he is serving his FIFTH tour in Iraq ~ God bless! And I would never leave out the military spouse. Thank you to ALL the military spouses out there who keep the home fires burning so that our active duty service members can concentrate on the mission at hand. A special thank you to "MY" military dependent friends; you are like family to me - we are here to support each other and I think we do it in a most FIERCE way! Mahalo nui loa!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thank you for being so accomadating to Bob! You're too kind :)