Yes, you are reading it right. I am saying SO LONG to fast food in 2009! I am not, however, saying goodbye to it for my kids. I cannot even imagine the pain and agony of hearing two young children screaming from the backseat that they NEED the new happy meal toy from the golden arches. Ok, wait...I can imagine it because it happens EVERYTIME we drive by a McDonald's! I do solemnly promise to cut back on their fast food intake...they wouldn't have an addiction if I didn't stop there so I fully accept the blame. Do they do INTERVENTION for fast food addicts?
My mom did take them to McDonald's once while she was here but other than that they have been McFree for almost THREE WEEKS! YES!
So, I say farewell to you the McDonald's regular sized vanilla iced coffee. It was nice knowing you but your 190 calories will not be missed!
Goodbye dollar menu...oh how I love thee with your crispy salty french fries, 2 apple pies and small coke. You are useless to me now, I cannot afford your fat grams.
Adieu to the southern style chicken sandwich. You fought the good fight to fill the void of Chik-fil-A but I can no longer enjoy your fried goodness (with extra pickles and mayo please!)
Au revoir fast food industry!
Disclaimer...Steak n' Shake is not fast food, they have real plates that they serve food on, thus a stop at Steak n' Shake when I am home during July is COMPLETELY valid. Thank you. Single cheese with everything, shoestring fries and a vanilla coke :)
Late addition...I just realized that my fast food furlough also takes Hot Dog on a Stick off the menu :( On the bright side, it also saves me gas money since the only HDOS is on the other side of the island. Ugh, and also Panda Express...does Killer Tacos count as fast food? Someone say it isn't so!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Killer Tacos is NOT fast food; it is prepared AFTER the order is placed and is served in a plastic basket. Mommy has your back, baby girl!
OH NOOOOO PANDA! That is blasphemous!
Killer Tacos is not fast food,whew! And food you buy on the side of the road (Huli-huli chicken) isn't either...and plate lunches aren't... LOL...
Post a Comment